Sacred Hoop Tribal Domestic Violence Coalition Events
– Cancelled due to weather –
Basic Advocacy Skills: A Two-Day Training
When: April 26-27, 2017 ~ 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Where: Powless Hall, 212 West 2nd Street Duluth, MN 55802
Check back: this event will be rescheduled
Please join the Sacred Hoop Coalition in a two-day training on the basics of advocacy.
Training topic areas include:
- The Principles of Advocacy
- Practical advocacy skills, including: crisis calls, intakes, safety planning, confidentiality and resources
- Protective Orders: Minnesota statutes and practical application
- Trauma-informed care within the context of domestic violence shelters
Limited scholarships for Sacred Hoop Coalition members are available.
For information, registration and scholarship forms, contact Randi Omdahl at 888-305-1650 x170.
The deadline to apply for a scholarship and register is April 20, 2017.
The Sacred Hoop Coalition is supported by Grant No. 2016-IW-AX-0014 awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Dept of Justice. Points of view in this document are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Justice.